Tuesday, September 26, 2006

On Goddess and Defenders...

Today I am dealing with a whole new type of heartache. I am a card carrying supporter of Tribe and I had a time with them on the road in the past. Earlier this year my crew was considering switching to Island People Mas but then there was the whole bacchanal of the registration process. (If you don't read Saucy's Carnival Diary you living under a big ole rock). Anyway, we signed up with Tribe and I am playing Dragon [beside Ms. Hottie Hottie] .. a sexy skimpy costume..
But I have a confession to make. I am guilty of severely coveting my neighbours carnival costume.... I missed the IP band launch because Hurricane Ernesto stuck me in Jamaica but my first lusty tinglings came when I saw the lil calendars they gave out. I was barely prepared for the astounding photo's Saucy unleashed on us one night. One look and I was a goner.
Goddess and Defenders has evoked in me the kind of emotion I suppose mas band owners wish for. As much as I have tried to deny it - I have been dreaming about this costume. I have even pondered becoming that mythical idiot called a Two Band H.O. Despite my good sense and my bankbook: I want to be on the streets of Port of Spain in this come February 2007. Take a look and maybe you can understand:
........................

8 comments:

Crankyputz said...

O My,

You Must get this costume.

It is your destiny.

CP

Anonymous said...

Why are they considered mythical and idiots?

Island Spice said...

Putz: come join the fun.

Anon: I gotta refer you to Saucy's blog re the 2 band H.O.. the link is in the post. In summary tho, its previously unheard of and a bit ridiculous to play in 2 costumes in 2 bands. This goddess costume costs over $750 USD.

Crankyputz said...

$750, for the barley there stuff, love it,
Absolutely would love to, let's see if I can get a ticket in Feb, and ofcourse a willing Trini to show me the ropes....
I saw Machel in concert a couple of weeks ago, I think his life duty should be to go around the world and teach men to 'wine' like that....find me a man like that Mizz Spice..

Anonymous said...

This is nice! Have you seen it up close? How does it look vs the picture?

Hottie Hottie said...

Don't know if this will comfort you or make you feel worse but the consensus is that the costume is nowhere nearthis nice in person. Sorry.

Island Spice said...

Hiya Hottie.. how was your shortbreak?
I went to IP mas camp and saw it. Not as nice in truth. As Saucy says it does look kinda cheap esp compared to Nylon Pool 2006 which was REAL crystals. But I still having fantasies about those wings ... *sigh*
I was jus flirting, I not abandoning you girl. Dragon princesses in 2007!!

Carnival Jumbie said...

Yay Dragon Princesses!!lol