Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Cowardly Lion

We met in a club. It was a group and he barely made an impression. We met again in another club; he seemed slick and lecherous. Proof that you should always go with your gut. He made a mild pass at me, I politely declined. Then I found out that he was the senior of a guy I was dating, a fact which seemed to irk him seriously. Then I had the further misfortune of encountering CL in a work related environment. He took the opportunity to goad and I suppose attempt to belittle me. He did not limit this to his interaction with me but went on to say untrue and unflattering things about me and my qualifications in public. As if he didn't think I would hear what he had to say about me, he proceeded to hit on me, AGAIN, in the presence of the guy I was dating. Anyway, I guess I should be grateful because CL helped me realise what a wuss my date was. Have been so blessed as to not see him in awhile, however, the world is small, I am sure we will buck up again... and somehow I don't expect that he will have grown up.
Lessons Learnt: Never underestimate the power of bad mind. The fox who can't reach the grapes says they are sour.

1 comment:

Crankyputz said...

Interesting take on 'chance meetings' the what ifs, keep posting, Cranky Putz