Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mr. Default Settings

We met at a barbeque and dominoes session of a common friend. He was very low-key, in fact I only noticed him because he was a new face and he had a foreign accent plus he was checking me out ;). Anyway, it didn't take long to find out that he was yet another CSME mover and shaker who had recently relocated.. so I offered to help out in his settling in. [Not that I even live in the country mind you.. HAHAHA]. He seemed kinda shy in the face of my bold 'nuffness' .. but it was endearing.
As fate would have it, I spent the next couple of weeks travelling everywhere else. He did keep in touch tho, thank goodness for Digicel - roam like your home!! When next I passed thru he was in the process of moving into a lovely townhouse in one of those ex-pat communities. Well, yuh know this lil lady done watched one too many shows on HGTV.. I was on it like white on rice. He seemed to really appreciate it tho and his place is looking great.
Since then we been seeing each other fairly regularly.. He calls often for us to have dinner and a chat. He is about my age but really works too hard. Bit of a Mogul-in-Training yes. His blackberry rings constantly and it seems to always be work related. He also seems to be wound up and stressed most of the time. Steeeuuups! I have been there, done that and got the baby tee. Maybe I can help. Keep y'all posted ...

No comments: