Monday, November 20, 2006

The Chief. Part 2

The day after the speech dropping incident, I was summoned to the Chief's office. I drove over there in a cold sweat and by the time I arrived I was trembling. Seriously. I passed through the many security check points and then I was at his secretary's desk. 'Oh Ms. Spice.. Chief says to send you right in...' she said with a sickly sweet smile.
He sat at his desk reading the paper, drinking coffee and half watching CNN. He folded the paper and smiled at me. The questions came hard and fast.. like semi automatic rounds. How are you liking it here? What did you think of that policy? Can you believe the bad press we got on that matter? How is that proposal going? Where do you live? I hear they have beautiful sunsets there.. Can I come over for one? Red or white wine? I felt like a deer in the headlights. I knew I should run for my life but I just sat there. Awestruck. Dumbstruck.
I tried to answer some work related questions but he had long passed that station. He was steering into Grand Central. 'So when is a good time?' I cursed myself as I told him it was my birthday the next day. 'Oho. We have reason to celebrate then. Champagne it is.' My mind raced but my mouth stuck shut. 'Soo.. are you gonna.. ahm.. give me your number?' Still devoid of witty remarks or any semblance of my former self, I scrawled my digits in his leather bound executive diary.
'Okay Ms. Spice, you have a good day now' the saccharine secretary's voice trailed after me as I walked to my car in a stupor. I sat at the wheel for a few minutes. What the fc*k just happened?!?

15 comments:

Mad Bull said...

I waiting on the rest before I say something. Careful with gov't minister or billionaires tho. Thats all I saying.

Crankyputz said...

Pushy Bugger eh?

Anonymous said...

well it makes a good story for the rest of us to read!

Anonymous said...

I am dying to hear how this story is going to end....Happy B-day when it comes.

Scratchie said...

I'm waiting to see where this one goes.....

Anonymous said...

This type of dude sickens me.

Dee said...

oh snap
you've been steamrolled
quick, fabricate a jealous
JDF spy bofriend

Prim said...

Whoa....was definitely at the edge of my seat with this one!

Keep us posted.

Island Spice said...

GC, steamrolled is right. You ever come up with a perfect response one hour too late? That was me.

Welcome Mr. A. I see you been all over. :)

Anonymous said...

Well my last stop led me here. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What's with the cliffhanger bs??? Tell wi di res' a di story man. Cho.

Mighty Afroditee said...

Yeah!! What Cool Destiny said!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I LOVE IT!!! Exercise caution as he's your "boss" but see where it goes, Ms. Spice! Can't wait for the next installment.

Happy Belated, my fellow Scorpion

Island Spice said...

Welcome Marangand and Search!!
Thanks for the birthday greetings guys but my birthday is in July.. this happened a lil while back.

katrice said...

I don't know if I like his tone. As if he's not giving you much of a choice.