Thursday, October 19, 2006

Update: Dinner, Dancing and Dullness..

Thanks for the love blogosphere. Here is what's been going on:

1. Frenchmen's Foreplay was a blast. They really have the formula for a good time down pat. I heard some people complaining about the wait at the bar but I was on cloud 9... I went there for a good time and nothing was gonna stop me! Lots of yummy food, drink and people. This time me and the girls went ga-ga for Shaggy. I dunno if its that we havent seen him in awhile or what but he was looking good! Mr. Boombastic! Soon as I get my hands on a non-blurry photo, I'll post it. See y'all again New Years Day.
2. The Sultan did come to visit and in fact has been around alot over the past a few weeks. We had dinner a couple [okay 4] times and I was surprised how comfortable and happy our meetings [note I didn't say dates] turned out. Even though I consider him a friend, he still usually acts in a hardnosed bordering on stiff professional and I'm-the-boss-of-everyone manner. This time around tho he was truely like any one of my friends. We chatted, laughed and enjoyed each other for hours. Guess what? He has decided to relocate too. This from the man who was the main opposition to my move two years ago. So the story continues ..

3. Mr. Default Settings has been downgraded to Mr. Default. Ours has become an old and dull relationship of convenience, we lyme when neither of us has anything better to do. Well maybe .. A mutual friend is of the opinion that he is crazy about me but just shy. Why else would he spend so much money taking you to dinner? That my friend's reasoning cause he claims only invests in a girl when he expects returns. Yep, I have cavemen for friends. Whatever his story, Default is precariously close to falling into the category of 'just friends'. I think. Hmmm..
4. It's official. I need a vacation. Not a weekend in Jamaica partying. Not a 36 hour stopover in New York with per diem. [tho I aint complaining about those!] I need a blue sky holiday.. more than 2 days of lying around doing nothing at all work-related. Preferrably with .. okay, I won't go overboard. :) Gone to bed. I am tired. Goodnight.

16 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

It sounds like your whole life is one big island party, and I'm envious. But if you need a vacation, I can't fault you for that. Go for it!

Crankyputz said...

Um, you already sound like your on vacation. As for men that take you out, I have a friend, Alien hands, who has a girlfriend that lives in a nerby city, so on the weekdays he wines and dines me, takes me to shows, restaraunts, throws his money around. Asks for nothing in return, who am I to complain.....?

Perhaps Mr. Default is a generous soul, who wants the companionship without the trimmings.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if it's getting boring, my opinion is that you need to do a clear out to make space for something new!

I want a holiday too, a proper full week of doing what I want. Weekend breaks keep me going but I need something more now

Anonymous said...

I believe in taking vacation, at least 2 weeks at a time. 1 week isn't enough cause you get caught up in personal administrative stuff you haven't done and forget to relax.

Take your vacation! Don't put it off.

Anonymous said...

I have a couple illusions to keep me warm at night. Its far too easy to switch into friend mode.

Scratchie said...

Take the vacation. I have mine on hold pending a release from school. That won't happen till next August so until then ...I suffer.

Marc M said...

Turn off your cell phone, book a hotel room somewhere (not at a party all-inclusive), don't invite nobody else, and relax.

I've done that before on a few occassions. There is something great about the extra paddings of hotel beds and being all by yourself for a day or two.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. Seems like life is going on well. Yes, we do expect returns. It's only logical. You can't get anything for free these days.

Irie Latino said...

Island Spice! Yu mean fi tell mi seh yu come to Ochie to have Foreplay pon the beach but couldn't pass by Irie Latino Saturday Night to meet a fellow blogger? And yu have no excuse because I saw folks from Foreplay who came by my night, too. Where is the love, Spice? Where is the love?

Mad Bull said...

So make we know who is your dream lover nuh man? Come on, we're dying to know!

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Girl I am feeling you on this vacation craving! Seeing as you are in the tourism industry I am sure it would be easy to pick an island/hotel to fit your needs for a week of R&R.

By the way, do you know when La Source in Grenada plans on re-opening?

Island Spice said...

Howdy! [wordpress speak] Looks like no vacation for me until Christmas. And well, thats not a vacation is it. But it is the HAPPIEST time of the year.. i feeling the Christmas breeze already!!
@ Owen: only my illusions keep me warm at night for now..
@ Marc: hotel beds are great .. but I have learnt how to set up mine just as nice. The best bed of all is my parents tho.. not a care in the world there.
@ Leon: damn skippy - ain nuttin free
@ Irie Latino: NUTTIN BUT LOVE. next time. Sorry!
@ Mad Bull: my dream lover? that would be someone I havent posted about yet ;)
@ Saucy: Welcome Gyul! Where's mi manners? My info says La Source wont reopen til winter tourist season next year. [pending 2007 hurricane season]The devastation of Ivan still lingers ..

Unknown said...

I've never been to any of those ultra all inclusive perties before! I need to try one of them, at least once.

I need a vacation right about now too!

Hottie Hottie said...

Girl. The word is LIME. Yuh really need that vacation. Eid Mubarak!

Anonymous said...

Have you visited this blog lately.
http://teenageperfectionist.blogspot.com/

I believe she needs some help.

Hottie Hottie said...

Ummm...she studying law?! That girl inna mess anon 4.12