Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On Foreplay this weekend ..

For anyone who didn't know, the Frenchmen in Jamaica host some of the best ultra all inclusives in the region. They have three major fetes each year: Foreplay on Hero's Weekend in October, Climaxx on New Years Day and Afterglow on [Jamaica] Carnival Saturday.
Foreplay, the 'hero' of beach parties is this weekend in the resort town of Ocho Rios. The fete used to be held at the famous Frenchman's Cove in Portland and I hear that may even be the root of the promoters’ name. For the past 2 years however, the dance has been relocated to Reggae Beach in Ocho Rios. I think this is due to this venue being closer to Kingston as well as having more available accommodation, parking and general facilities.
The Frenchmen know how to put on a fete: there is endless food, drink and music. Foreplay has the added delight of a beautiful beach where they throw in catamaran rides, body painting, massages and other entertainment. This is no jokey food either, no corn soup.. I talking shrimp, beef, pork, fish, pizza, cheesecakes, Haagen Dazs sorbet.. yuh hear me! Last year I started my afternoon eatings with a smoked marlin salad.
Foreplay is the place to see the beautiful people and personalities from all over the Caribbean: athletes, musicians, politicians etc. I was all excited to see Sean Paul but I noticed that no one else in the crowd seemed star struck. Did I mention the complimentary Havaianas slippers? Don't worry about the weather forecast either, last year there were thousands partying while the 'outer bands' of Hurricane Wilma drenched us. In fact the rain seems to make it all the better. I kid you not.
On my last trip across to Foreplay, I met numerous Jamaicans, Trinis, Bajans and one Guyanese guy on their way. Even the BWIA pilot mentioned that he was going too... This is one not to miss. See allyuh there!

PS. Don't miss 'Nite Cap' the set-up party... Wear your pajamas to the beach!

14 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun. The food seems delicious too. But who is Sean Paul? Never heard of him, until now.

Mad Bull said...

Why you never tell me earlier say Frenchmen was this weekend?! Me woulda haffi dehdeh! Check out my review of their party at New Years! What a hotness! Hummuch to go this time, BTW?

Mad Bull said...

@ JR: Just google Sean Paul, my brother. Google is your friend!

Christina_the_wench said...

OMG I want your life. And your bikini body. And your star contacts. And your food.

Yes, I am being a greedy bitch this morning. lol

We want photos, love. Lots of them.

Island Spice said...

@ JR: you blaspheme!! who is Sean Paul??? U joking, right?
@MB: How yuh fi forget frenchmen??
@ Christina: working in the tourism industry has its perks yes! No star contacts just star gazing..
@KG: Girl, come one Lara fete with me.. costs twice the money, allyuh get is doubles and corn soup and the music is bere tata!! I wish I could have Jazzy T on retainer for my life soundtack so I dont have to listen to the pack of arse these so-called dj's does play.

I love how Jamaicans are not star struck!

Anonymous said...

You all have good fun for me. Even Lara's fete sounds like a Lyme to me right about now.

And where is your comment on my funeral miss lady?? Afta yu tag mi, yu jus run in true form don't it. Yu betta comment!! Ahoa!!

Unknown said...

Well, who knew the French could party? I thought all they were good for was surrendering. LOL.

Tanique said...

I just happened upon you blog and now I'm all jealous. I want to go, wish I had known sooner I might have tried to make it. Enjoy!!!!!

Irie Latino said...

Well I live in Ochie and as usual I'm not going. I stopped going to pay parties years ago and find it hard to justify paying that price tag. But...I have some money coming in from Trafigura for that thing I promised them...sooooo yu never know

Marc M said...

Never been to a Frechmen party but I'm always hearing good things about them. I'm probably gonna pass up on them this New Year as well cause I'm gonna throw my clout (for what little it's worth) behind whatever Red Light Promotions is throwing (those peeps are part of my extended fam).

Sean Paul, Elephant man tired of seeing them everywhere. That’s one ting I like about Jamaica you can par with famous celebs often like they are just regular people. I hate it when some try go on with the Hype for example Bounty Killer at Quad (which has an informal three strikes rule before they kick him out if he is causing problems).

Melody said...

No, Leon, yu just plain wrong fi dat.
Island Spice, enjoy, enjoy enjoy! Even if de ticket pricey, as they say: "U can't take it with U!" or as Admiral did say, "In heaven there is no beer; ah tell yu dass why wi haffe drink dem here."

Island Spice said...

Welcome Tanique and Melody!
LOL @ Leon & Irie Latino. Hope the funds are properly processed by a reputable bank in time for Nite Cap.
@ Marc: Good luck w/ Red Light promotions.. the Frenchies are a formidable challenge.
@ Melody: Hear! Hear! Who knows what tomorrow brings!

Hottie Hottie said...

Island Spice, we hadda make a lime. That price is J'ca or US?

Carnival Jumbie said...

DAMMIT!!I making a turn to JA next week..talk about poor timing!