Thursday, October 26, 2006

On Love Thursdays and other stuff..

1. Love Thursdays: an idea I believe started by Chookooloonks. I've seen it on Abeni's site among others. Nice concept. I don't usually have anything to add but I love reading. There now is a whole site dedicated to this idea: Love is all around. Aside: If someone can tell me how to get the link attached to the pic you would make my day. For real.
2. The song 'Kingston Town' by UB40 seems to be following me around. I heard it in a store in Miami, at Shakers bar on Monday night and in the street outside my office jus now. Coincidence? I think not. I feel that some *magic* awaits me yes. A Trini friend insists that the song is really about Princes Town where he is from but the name was changed because of a federation related conspiracy ... hmm.. did I say 'friend'..
3. I have gone and fallen for the ABC series: Grey's Anatomy. I find myself rescheduling things and skipping gym in order to watch. Last week I literally ran thru the airport and sped on the highway to catch it. And to think its the 3rd season and I am still rushing home. Now thats love. It all started when Sex and the City ended brax and left me all alone. Desperate Housewives never did it for me.. bere hype.. but I started watching the show that came on after. Cristina and Preston are my favourite characters. Aint it great when u find a show u really get along with?
4. Speaking of Yang and Burke.. an interesting discussion on relationships, race and the related dramas started up over at Hottie's blog today. All from a photo of Halle Berry and her new guy who happens to be a white model. Gooders Girl had a post on a related matter. Were my brain not thoroughly spent by work and hard sums today I would contribute. For now I'm just reading...
Happy Love Thursday Folks!

14 comments:

Mad Bull said...

I like the love thursdays thing too but have never had a photo to post. Gonna have to do sup'm bout dat.

Abeni said...

Am not sure I understood what you meant about link and pic. I love the L thursday concept a lot.I got to start taking random pics:)

Anonymous said...

usually you can create a link as normal call it something like "link", then drag and drop the picture into the middle of the word "link". You should be able to delete the word afterwords.

Anonymous said...

Haven't really got to know gray's anatomy - thursdays aren't really a tv night for me. But I am in need of a new show to become addicted to so if you tell me when it's on repeat, I'll see if it fills the gap!

Crankyputz said...

Mizz Spice, they stiffed us last night, I was sitting at home at 8.00 pm, ready and eager, and there was nothing, not even a repeat episode of Grey's....the gods are against me! Till next week, your most faithful Grey's Bud,...Cranky Putz Btw: More on the 'friend.'

Hottie Hottie said...

Love that song too. Was damn vex when Pariste Hilton sampled it for her Stars are Blind crap. I think Isaih Washington looks HOT in that show! Yummm...

And that race thing just went off. I wasn't expecting PLENTY of those comments. Just goes to show. Enjoy the weekend all...

bitsandgiggles said...

I was stiffed on a new epiode of Grey's Anatomy too. However, we got two hours of repeats instead. Isn't it too early in the season for repeats?

JR's Thumbprints said...

I like watching Studio 60, but it will probably be cancelled, too sophisticated for most. People want laugh tracks so they know when to laugh. As for H.B. and a white dude, I guess that would make for some interesting conversation.

Unknown said...

Happy Love Thursday too. Too bad it's Friday now.

Anonymous said...

I visited some lovely restaurants when I was in Barbados earlier this year. Unfortunately I can't even remember the name of one to recommend.

Anonymous said...

Kingston town by UB40 is one of my favourites. Anything by UB40!

Unknown said...

I have no particular love of any day in the week. When you work shift everyday seems the same. I'm just glad to be alive.

Island Spice said...

Welcome BitsandGiggles and GuyanaGyal! Nice to have u!

@Dr. D: I'm gonna send u an email. Tho I am no Barbados guru. I hear there is a Junior Gong concert on Nov.4.
@ Stunner: you sound like u may need a vacation more than Dr. D or me! :)

Grey's Anatomy fans.. I got 2 hours of repeats also. Since I missed both episodes I didn't mind. Love Burkes parents!!!

Anonymous said...

you know you can watch it on abc.com if you missed it right?

I got reeled in this season too.