Saturday, October 07, 2006

On my funeral (Meme)..

My first meme.. I have been tagged by Christina. Five Songs I want played at my funeral.

1. For my family and friends in the church: Sing A New Song : lively and yet appropriate
2. For the significant other that I sincerely hope I have before I die: Save Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry.
3. For my country: Don't Cry for me, Argentina from the musical Evita: Always had fantasies of bidding my followers farewell from the balcony of the Casa Rosada..
4. For my fellow masqueraders at the next Carnival: High Mas by David Rudder: Remember me at the start of the festivites ..
5. For everyone: A special Jazzy T remix of Third World's Try Jah Love and Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder: the ultimate freedom song .. may you all be ecstatic and jammin till the break of dawn...

While we are on the topic, I would also like:
1. Music. Lots of it. A full steel band. All-Stars or Phase II, must play Bruce Hornsby's 'That’s the way it is' like how the Caribscope show used to start.. and that dread guy from Stella Maris to play the trumpet.
2. Happiness. *Cheerful colours please* as well as a memento photo of me in a bikini on Negril beach or in a Carnival costume on Ariapita Avenue.
3. Food. lots of spicy and delicious finger treats .. samosa's, sui mai, rum balls..
4. Cocktails. Mai Tai's, Daiquiris and Pina Colada's..
5. Kindness. I want donations to children’s homes that must made in kind and in person.

What's up with the morbidity? I tag Gela and CoolDestiny who were relishing other deathly topics last week.
PS. Lex, I didn't realise I had been tagged when I saw your book one. Promise to do it next!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok ... I'll take up your tag tomorrow since I've already posted today.

Your funeral sounds cool though ...

Lex said...

Great! I'm glad you're going to do it. Can't wait. And, I would love to come to your funeral. Sounds like quite a party!!

Gela said...

Crazy woman! hehe, a picture of you in a bikini at the funeral. That's funny. I can just see all those men ogling your pic with a smile on their face as their imagination roams, even while tears stream down their faces.

Hottie Hottie said...

I want a BIG funeral. Anybody who want to come could come. Plenty music too - live band, maybe Machel according to how big in the dance I get and my ex to play the sax. I want everyone to wear white. And at least one man to try and jump in de grave after meh. I eh want a dry eye in the house. And I want it to rain when the casket starts going down in the hole like it did for my granny :-( I miss my granny...

Marc M said...

"Save Tonight"?? I hope you can save tommorrow night and the night after that, etc, etc with a truly special significant other.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Christina_the_wench said...

*clapping* Excellent tag! Don't die soon 'cause we'd miss you, but damn, your funeral sounds happenin'! Rum balls and steel bands? Very cool.

Gela said...

How comes when I read it before I didn't see that I was tagged. Just as well....