Friday, December 08, 2006

On whats on this weekend..

deVine Saturdays: Get in the spirit. Complimentary pastelles with every bottle of wine. Live Parang from Los Parranderos de UWI. @ MoreVino, Ariapita Avenue, Port of Spain.
Christmas Art Sale: An exclusive selection from some of Jamaica's finest including Gene Pearson, Cecil Cooper, Roy Ried, El Pedio, Beverly Oliver, Juliet Thorburn, Sonia Richards, Lennox Coke among others. Saturday and Sunday, 12:30 - 5:00 pm, Rollins Meadows, 5 Richings Ave, Off Hope Road. Free 1876 wine samples.. Excellent gifts.. I'd like this El Pedio please..
BOOM: Investa Fiesta Tres: These guys are rapidly becoming the next Frenchmen. A guaranteed good high quality lime. Will you be "bullish or bearish" at The Alcohol Exchange? @ 4 Hopefield Road, Kingston on Saturday the 9th from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Price includes your Boom Bucks. Presold only of course. Tickets from your reliable traders.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

My saturday day and night is being taken up by attending a christening and the related party (as a godmother it's not really optional!). However, I was planning to try and make the art sale on Sunday so will see how that goes...

SimplEnigma said...

:( Wish I was there. I love Sonia Richards' and Cecil Coopers stuff...

Next year, Frenchmen's Jam will not miss me. There's nothing worse than looking at pictures of your friends in YOUR island having a blast while you're in 45-degree weather.

Island Spice said...

@KG: aww.. being a godmom is so great! You get to be the cool aunty ;)
@SE: Tell me when U are.. I can give you the link to the Art Dealer. and ahm.. next Frenchmen is Jan 1, 2007 .. will YOU be there?

Anonymous said...

Would love to do Frenchmen, but as a mere civil servant, the $7,000 per person price tag for the Jan 1 party is kinda putting me off!

Melody said...

This season offers a luvly mix of events so yu can really pick yu choice, Island Spice. Have a nice weekend!

Polyman3 said...

I'll go anywhere;
especially if it involves wine.

Hello Caribbean girl,
Sure would luv to come
down for a visit
someday.

nice site.

Mahogany Misfit said...

I am dying to visit the Caribbean! Sounds so beautiful and cultured!

JR's Thumbprints said...

Sorry to here about the change in plans with BJ. Nice painting.

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting little shindig.

Island Spice said...

$7000 for Frenchmen!?!?! WTF!!

Welcome Polyman3!

Mad Bull said...

Well, Jan 1, 2006's Frenchmen party was $6000, so it stands to reason...

Anonymous said...

i love learning about what's happening in TnT from bloggers lol

HeatherAnne said...

I am a Pearson fan myself. Thanks for the info.

Island Spice said...

I think I still going Frenchmen. Have to stay home NYE tho.

@ Doc: no I didn't get it.. I hoping to find it under my tree..

Welcome Trinigourment & Anne!