Tuesday, December 19, 2006

On 'lips of an angel'

This song offends me. It touches a nerve. The radio stations won't stop playing it and I can't stop listening. Turning it up and singing along. This is why ex's creep me out.

LIPS OF AN ANGEL - Hinder
Honey why you calling me so late
It's kinda hard to talk right now
Honey why you crying is everything okay
I gotta whisper cause I can't be too loud
Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak
And I,
never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

The whole world of infidelity is a dark place I never want to visit. The reality has slapped me upside my head a few too many times tho. Thought I would always be able to say 'not me' but sticky situations are not always easy to avoid. Doesn't make it right. Still haven't done it, but the temptation has been real. This song gets under my skin.

10 comments:

Yamfoot said...

never heard the song before.

have been there. i hung up the phone on him and told him to stop being silly.
Silly. He make his decision. Buh bye!

eemanee said...

i love that song!

Best wishes for 2007 Spice!

Crankyputz said...

I know the feeling. The regret, the what ifs, I loved this song when I first heard it, but in reality you both choose to be with someone else for a reason.....

Melody said...

Don't know that song, doesn't seem like it'd be catchy tho -- although radio stations really know how to force their rotation pon people. Stick to your values, Spice, U know U're right. (As mi a rush fi done mi bakin', mi can tell yu -- start bake, an' by de oven bun yu two time, yu naw 'memba not a raahtid verse much less dat deh song.)

Mighty Afroditee said...

Most men of my acquaintance have no problem in glorifying songs about male infidelity, a classic being Usher's "Confessions", but when a woman reciprocates, thet deem the song to be 'male bashing'. Hinder's song does touch a nerve, but (sigh)...it is catchy.

Unknown said...

I think I might have heard it, or I may be confusing it with something else.

Old flames never die, especially when the love was strong, just give it the right situation and you'll be surprised ho much the fire blazes.

Christina_the_wench said...

I love this song, even though it reminds me of my time between marriages.

Merry Christmas, Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Mad Bull posted about this song about a month or 2 ago. The song is sad but real unfortunatley and the only thing that seems to be taboo about cheating these days is what colour underwear the other man/woman wears. It's no longer a secret. Giving bun in public, in some cases even accepted by the wife/husband. Sad sad sad. Our society is just ugh!

Abeni said...

Song harsh but it's a reality for many of us....Merry Christmas to you and yours

Mad Bull said...

People don't know this song? 8^0
Wow!!! This song is BIG!!! BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG BIG!!! An example: Late the other night, Natty called her Dad to say hi and he began singing "Natty why r u calling me, so late?". Doc, if Natty's Dad knows the song and you don't, you are working too hard or going to all the wrong places. Time to change your life, son!

CD said "Our society is just 'Ugh'", but in reality, infidelity is a thing that has been with us from the time when man first began to walk upright. man and woman a gi bun from caveman days! Believe it. Maybe it was a bit more swept under the carpet and maybe people used to accept it more back in the day and not divorce over it, but bun did a give way in any periods of history you choose to look at.
Remember they say prostitution is the worlds oldest profession! That is a form of infidelity. Also the Jamaican saying, "New broom sweep clean but the old broom knows the corners".

I think that this song might not receive much airplay in Jamaica because its not dance hall, soca or R&B, and you know that in Jamaica, if it aint in one of those genres, it nuh serve nuh purpose! :-{

Anyway, I don't want to take over your post, Island Spice, so I gone...