Tuesday, December 12, 2006

On a stream of conciousness ..

After much delay and some contemplation, the Chief finally came over. He had a bottle of chardonnay in his hand.. chilled. It was 5:07 in the afternoon. He poured. I was so nervous I could barely sit still. He talked. Did I ever mention how smooth he is? And how fine? Some things are nice from far but far from nice.. but this man sitting before me was simply beautiful. Simply. Beautiful. He asked me questions about myself. He was alot more laid back and friendly. I heard myself laughing and I felt my muscles relax..
He stood to leave. It was 9:45. Suddenly I didn't want him to go. He put out his arm to hug me. I smiled in his embrace. He kissed me with conviction. He tasted perfect. His palms were on my shoulder blades. He stepped away and sat down. He started talking again, this time more shaky. He asked if I remembered the day he dropped his speech. I smiled. We talked. We kissed. I told him that this could not work for me. Then he left.
We started meeting every afternoon. More talking. More kissing. He started planning 'dates'. I resisted him but I was there, every evening. He wanted to take me all over the world. I just wanted to go for dinner down the street. 'This relationship is not for me'. 'This relationship is NOT for me.' He listened, he rationalised, he structured his offer. No pretences. Straight up. The Alpha indeed. 'How about Barbados? We all have to go for work, you can stay back for the weekend.'
He called again, just as I hung up with the now postponed BJ. I felt vex and slighted. His charms fed my bruised ego. 'I'm gonna pack, talk to you in the morning' As I closed my suitcase, I stopped thinking about it, I stopped feeling guilty. The tournament went well, I saw him at the opening ceremony but my team was busy working the next few days. When our part was done, the bus came to take us to the airport. I stared at my mobile in my hands the whole trip. BJ wandered in and out of my mind. I stood on the pavement outside the terminal watching people go in. His priority ring knocked me from my daze.
'Where are you?' 'At the airport' 'Good, I will send a car for you right now' 'Ah.. no I don't think I want that..' 'Okay, I will come for you myself. Give me 5..' ' This relationship is not for me' 'Okay, I hear you, Spice' click.

14 comments:

katrice said...

Charm is mesmerizing. Intoxicating, even. You're putty in his hands.

katrice said...

Blogger decided to put my first name out there. That was me, Katrice. Trying to figure out this new blogger...

Unknown said...

Ok the pendulum thingy ...is just not you... just had to say it

Tanique said...

How interesting

Anonymous said...

I had a reeeeeeeally nice comment last night but this blogger thing was down. *stupse*

You should definitely write a book. This is better'n mine! LOL. I was reading and reading, and when I got to the bottom, I was like, "Where's the rest?"

Smooth men with power and confidence are sooooooooooooooo hot! Aside from that teeeensy little inconvenience of working together, what's the problem? Ah, who am I kidding, I wouldn't date someone I work with either.

But seriously, you should get BJ a t-shirt that says, "You Snooze, You Lose!" for Christmas. Hehe.

SE

Anonymous said...

The man with all the charm in the world versus the man you care about but are scared of - hmm, this could be interesting!

alternatively, someone new could come along and clear your head of all confusions

Unknown said...

I need to get lessons from this brother.

Anonymous said...

Your escapades are so intense. I can hardly wait to see what happens.

Irie Latino said...

You should all try reading Spice's blog with a big bowl of popcorn and a tall glass of Pepsi. It's better than the movies.

Melody said...

Hmmm, bein' de Alpha male, he prob'ly came for you anyway:) Om oy roight?! Bwoy, Island Spice, yu really know how fe lef' wi inna suspense! (If this single comment shows up 50 million times noh vex, 'cause mi keep on a try post it for days now, but it don't seem to go thru.)

Island Spice said...

Welcome Bobby. :)

Tanique and Irie Latino.. where you been? welcome back ;)

This was actually the end of the story guys. He hung up, and I got on a plane and went home. Spent the weekend in my bed pondering my bellybutton. Alone. Feel much better now. No regrets.

Woman Analyzer said...

I wonder if the illicit affair and your resistence is part of the thrill for chief. It's intense in the beginning, but will it last once the challenge subsides. I had a relationship begin this way. I wanted it to last, but it was just a mini-vacation for my suiter.

Abeni said...

Testing to see if I can actually post.. Can't post my original comment since you said it's all good,no regrets etc.

Island Spice said...

@ Desirea:' a mini vacation for my suitor.' i like that. puts it in perspective.. i like that.

@Abeni: glad u got through now.. your comments are welcome no matter what. :)