Thursday, January 11, 2007

Papichulo

We met at work. He hated me on sight. He had spent years working his way up the ranks at work and did not take kindly to this young upstart with her degrees. He made a point of being rude and drawing attention to my lack of experience. I will never forget the morning we were both at work very early. There were people in his office and when the phone rang I answered it as I was the only other person there. It was a call for him. Since he refused to pick up calls I transferred to him I decided to walk over and tell him to answer. When I got to his office and told him it was his call he stood up and said 'do you have a watch?' I said 'yes' at which point he walked over to me and said 'well use it' and slammed the door in my face.
As fate would have it the years passed and not only did I become his equal, I went on to become his superior. A fact that I think was even more painful to him when I realised he was also attracted to me. In a fit of kindness years after the door event I was liming with him and he hit on me and I blanked him. The fantastic finale came when he was appointed to my post when I resigned. Ahh Papichulo ..The Original and still the best male chauvinist pig I have ever known.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The twists and turns life takes are so interesting sometimes. MCP is so right.

SimplEnigma said...

What a story...I'm sure you're pretty talented at what you do, but I'm sure there was a little bit of karma in there somewhere for Mr. Papichulo...

You handled yourself well. Kudos!

Mad Bull said...

Cut him a little slack... it hard when you are lusting after a woman who smarter than you, who would eventually take your job, and who doah want you. Some can deal with it and some can't...

Anonymous said...

spice, didn't you post this one already?

owen said...

hahaha, rgan god that can't happen to me, you'd be my life enemy.

Woman Analyzer said...

Interesting.

katrice said...

What the heck? Talk about an inferiority complex. He knew he could never win with you.

Abeni said...

Wow..what a story