Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Bacchanal Wednesday!

Valentines who? A friend from London jus called.. guess who forgot what day it was! :) I am sleep deprived and merry like Christmas .. today is Bacchanal Wednesday official start of Carnival week.
People, words can't ever describe what Carnival in Trinidad is really like.. but last night, or rather, this morning, as I was floating higher than High in front the stage as Machel Montano HD finished his set I thought to myself.. does it get any better than this?
Drink in hand, pelting waist on a sweet Trini man, HD rocking on the stage, the crowd around jumping in unison. Not a care in the world... and guess what? It does get better.. Monday and Tuesday.. sun beating we backs, wearing next to nothing, glitter on every body part, prancing through the streets of Port of Spain. [Drink in hand and Sugar Boy in back standard] ;)
Honestly, there is nothing else in the world quite like it. Don't study how long the walk, yuh ent getting tired.. the vibe and the high pushing you along. All your worries left on the side of the road. *Carnival in T&T, is so special to alla we, Like we need blood in we veins, thats how we feel about Port of Spain..* We in the home stretch for Carnival 2K7 .. we going straight back to Ash Wednesday. The crews from all over arriving.. All di bands dem lining up.. All di trucks dem loading up.. READY FOR MAS AGAIN!
Don't think you will hear from me again till I have recovered. Allyuh have a safe and happy Carnival. SOCA or DIE! :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your picture there depicting? Is this a recent party? It's nice. Enjoy!

Crankyputz said...

Wowee Mizz Spice, u have a sweet time...i have a lot of friends descending upon T&T in the next few days, I can't wait to join u guys next year....

Unknown said...

Glad you're enjoying yourself. To hell with Valentines!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the fun.

katrice said...

Girl, you are living the life! I can't wait to catch the festivities real good. First I have to finish my winin' lessons.

Anonymous said...

Hav a blast luv...

Gooders Girl said...

It is hard to describe -- when I was in Trinidad for the 100th carnival I was having rythmic orgasms!

I was so satisfied I didn't feel need to use the dicks I had avilable to take me any place else....

Unknown said...

Girl now yuh mek mi want to come to Trini Carnival even more!

SimplEnigma said...

Trini carnival is a life changing experience...Seriously. LOL.

I hear Machel arrive in helicopter for UWI Fete...*sigh*

As I write this, you're probably chipping dung di road someplace now...*sigh*

Unknown said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM....aaahhhhh dreams dreams ...dreaming .... is it wrong to be green...mmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Gal? You alive? Too much wining kill you?? Hoep you recover in time for frenchmen's carnival party!

The Comedy of Errors Called Me said...

*sigh* i'm going through post-carnival depression.....
happy bachanal wednesday in truth. I forgot it was V-day until the bartender wished me a happy one..I replied "HUH????...pause...OOOOOOOOH YEAH!!!!! Thanks!!"

Jumbie! Jumbie DEM! RAH!